Sunday, May 22, 2016

Garlic Thyme Slow Cooker Chicken


As I write this post I am sitting in the American Airlines terminal at JFK waiting to board my flight to London. I’ll be in London for some sightseeing and work, and then spending Memorial Day Weekend in Dublin. As part of my trip preparation I had to find something I could make for my fiancé that would last him a few days so he doesn’t starve while I am gone.  I decided to make a batch of this super easy Garlic Thyme Slow Cooker Chicken. I threw it in the crockpot last night and it was ready when I woke up at 5 AM to leave for my flight.  This would be great for weekdays when you need dinner to be ready as soon as you get home. The hardest part of the recipe was taking the skin off of the chicken thighs. If you can buy the skinless bone-in thighs this would be even easier!



Ingredients: 

1 large sweet onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
1 tbsp olive oil
20 garlic cloves (about 2 large heads of garlic)
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
  
Instructions:

  1.  In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, evenly distribute the sliced onion along the bottom.
  2.  Peel the garlic cloves.
  3. Place the chicken thighs into a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add the smashed garlic cloves and toss to combine.
  4. Sprinkle the seasonings across the top of the chicken-garlic mixture and toss until chicken is well coated with seasonings.
  5. Transfer the chicken-garlic mixture to the slow cooker and cover.
  6. Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours. Serve with a side of your favorite veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment