Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Healthy Banana & Oatmeal Cookies

This is the first, and the easiest, of my new banana recipes. I also really like this one because you probably already have the ingredients in your cabinets! They can be made for a snack or even for a quick breakfast on the go. There are also soooo many combinations that you can make.


Make these amazing and healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies (no butter sugar flour or dairy- unless you add it in.)



I made mine slightly differently from the recipe that I found on Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom just because I changed my mix-ins. I just had to include her picture because it is 10x better than mine (definitely need to work on my food pictures) and because they look so good!! Now here comes the picture of my cookies - it may not look like the most delicious, but they were so delicious!





What You'll Need:
1 large mixing bowl
measuring cups (1/4, 1/3, 1 cup)
baking sheet

Ingredients:
4 very-ripe bananas
2 cups quick oats
1/4 cup almond milk
Add ins of your choice (I used 1/3 cups white chocolate chips and 1/3 cups shredded coconut)

Instructions:

1. Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix in the oats and almond milk until well combined.
3. Add your choices of mix ins and mix well.
4. Spoon the "cookie dough" onto a very well greased baking sheet. Make sure to flatten the tops and spread them out evenly (these cookies will not rise like regular cookies).
5. Cook at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cookies look done (a friend at work cooked them for less because she likes them a little gooey-er).

6 comments:

  1. Yummm these look so good!! I'm down with any cookie you can eat for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like they're easy to make and they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds easy to make and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to make these too! they look great, and a great snack before track for my daughter who is a picky eater but loves to eat healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You make healthy cooking & eating look fun, easy & tasty! (Clicked on the link, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try this tonight it looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete